ABOUT THE GROUP
Working For Adderbury Community (WFAC) was formed following a Parish Poll in May 2017 when our community was asked to vote on whether sports pitches and a community facility should be built on Parish Council owned land on Adderbury’s Milton Road. Our founding members came together from all sections of our community to campaign in favour of the idea.
After a comprehensive “yes” vote win in the Parish Poll we were keen to become actively involved in working towards delivering the project. We offered our services to the Parish Council and began the process for formalising our organisation.
In July 2017 Terms Of Reference were agreed with Adderbury Parish Council and WFAC’s inaugural Annual General Meeting was held the following October. For a list of historic and current Trustees, please click here.
Working For Adderbury Community is seeking registration as a charity.
Adderbury is a beautiful village dating back over a century. We have a wide range of groups, societies and activities and great community spirit.
BUT as one of the area’s largest villages we are lacking in good sports facilities and a modern community building. As a product of Adderbury’s Neighbourhood Plan, and with the land gifted to Adderbury Parish Council on the Milton Road, together with the beautiful Lucy Placket field, we now have a chance to deliver something to benefit our community for years to come.
- sports pitches for various different sports on the Milton Road land
- a community building alongside the sports pitches. This will complement existing village buildings but allow for a wider range of groups to meet, and activities and indoor sports to be undertaken
- modernising of the building area in the Lucy Plackett field
- refocusing of activities on the Lucy Plackett field and supporting additional community events and focusing on village families
- achieving the above with a robust business plan that leaves no financial burden on local Council Tax payers now or in the future
A group of villagers with a positive attitude working towards the development of sports pitches and a community facility on the Parish Council owned Milton Road site and the renovation of facilities on the Lucy Plackett Activity Centre.
Produce a plan and feasibility study for both the Milton Road site and Lucy Plackett field. This will be used by APC to consult with residents (under Policy AD18 of the Adderbury Neighbourhood Plan).
Funding (fund raising, grant applications, section 106 funds, any other income generation potential)
Creation of the vision